Senior Java Developer (BIG DATA)
- Flexibile working hours
- Performance bonuses
- Job rotation
- Attractive projects
- Medical benefits
- International work experience
- competitive compensation package
- Referral program
The company’s Big Data solution breaks down data silos by bringing together information from all of its systems into one location. Using modern day data analytics tools it opens up data to innovative use cases. Help and improve in-house experiences of a company’s employees by bettering their data platform.
- Design, build and operate core components of our data platform enabling the product teams, data analysts and data scientists to autonomously iterate with and launch data processing jobs/models/reports into production
- Implement and maintain microservices and frameworks, from data ingestion to consumption, leveraging Google’s cloud computing platform. Such services may include, but are not limited to: batch and streaming ingestion, data governance services, data analytics & processing framework.
- Advise, provide guidance and set standards for engineers, data scientists and data users on consumption of platform services, pipeline development, and data storage.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Python)
- Strong database experience (BigQuery, PostgreSQL, NoSQL)
- Experience designing, developing and deploying microservice-based applications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, craftsmanship of clean and efficient code
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with tools such as Apache Kafka, Google Dataflow, Apache Spark
- Knowledge of continuous integration & deployment tools e.g. Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes