back to careers
- Relocation package
- Flexibile working hours
- Performance bonuses
- Attractive projects
- Medical benefits
- competitive compensation package
- Referral program
- Job rotation
- International work experience
We are looking for a Senior Database Engineer who will be responsible for all aspects regarding database solutions, customer database availability and the performance aspects of all database services for the client.
The project entails database solutions for a worldrenowned client who delivers software solutions around the globe.
- Architect, design and deliver solutions to provide DBaaS for all customers across our landscape.
- Proactively cater to any events or alerts which could disrupt availability for production database instances.
- Troubleshooting and orientating resolutions to complex technical problems to alleviate any issues and performance bottlenecks for the customers.
- Formulate strategy and design to enhance monitoring and observability across the database services across different platform offerings.
- Ensuring database service recoverability when a production issue arise, participation in root cause analysis and providing constructive action items to avoid similar repeated occurrences.
- Acting as an escalation point for all technical issues related to the database during the on-call shift or customer sales event (e.g. Black Friday & Cyber Monday).
- Continuous improvement of existing database design, processes and standards.
- Coaching junior colleagues and acting as a subject matter expert for various internal projects/ initiatives.
- Participation in on-call rotations and flexibility with working hours occasionally.
- Professional experience as a Database Engineer/Administrator.
- Expert level knowledge, performance tunning, administration skills and hands on experience with Azure SQL.
- Knowledge and proficiency in at least one scripting languages for automation – python/ shell scripting etc.
- Good understanding of Linux/ Unix fundamentals and basic debugging skills.
- Experience in working in cloud environment such as Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Prior experience with highly available (24*7) environments.